National Small Business Contracting Summit | Midwest Conference – 8/17/17Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017. 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Central Standard Time [Columbus, OH]
Join us on Thursday, August 17, 2017 in Columbus, OH, for the National Small Business Contracting Summit | Midwest Conference, jointly hosted by The American Small Business Chamber of Commerce and the U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce.
This popular event boasts a robust agenda that includes:
- Increased focus on assuring small business federal contractors secure our fair share of federal contracting (taxpayer) dollars
- Access to federal agencies and prime contractors (scroll to the bottom of the page to see the list of agencies and prime contractors who have confirmed)
- Timely education and information on current trends, opportunities and threats to small business contractors
- Legal education important for teaming, joint ventures and related topics
- Connections to potential teaming and joint venture partners
Midwest Summit Details
|Date & Time:||Thursday, August 17, 2017. 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Central Standard Time|
|Location:||Embassy Suites Columbus Airport
2886 Airport Drive
Columbus, OH 43219Sleeping Rooms: $139
|7:30 am||Registration – Coffee|
Cris Young – President, The American Small Business Chamber of Commerce Margot Dorfman – CEO, U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce Vikki Hawthorne – National Director, Supplier Development ASBCC/USWCC
|8:15 am||Legislative Update & Policy Initiative Discussion
Margot Dorfman – CEO, U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce
|8:45 am||US Spending.gov – Maximizing Use of Market Research Tools to Secure Federal Contracts
Howard A. ‘Tony’ Griffin – Ohio PTAC Network
|9:30 am||Doing Business with the US Department of State
Dr. Anthony Josey – Procurement Analyst , Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization, US State Department
|10:15 am||Doing Business with Department of Defense – Panel
Defense Finance Accounting Services – Michael Turner, Director, Office of Small Business Programs
Defense Information Systems Agency – Brenda Leonard, Small Business Professional, Office of Small Business Programs
Defense Logistics Agency Land and Maritime – Coleen McCormick, Associate Director, Office of Small Business Programs
|11:00 am||Doing Business with Battelle
Lynnise Smith – Small Business Liaison Officer, Battelle
|11:30 am||Matchmaking Logistics/Instructions|
|11:45 am||Lunch (On Your Own)|
|12:45 pm||Matchmaking with Government & Large Prime Representatives|
Sponsorship provides extra visibility and summit registration. To register for the summit and/or purchase a sponsorship, click here.
- Gold Sponsorship: Includes — Full Page Ad in summit program, 6′ display table, 2 summit attendees. Price – $1,000
- Silver Sponsorship: Includes — 1/2 Page Ad in summit program, 2 summit attendees. Price – $500
- Bronze Sponsorship: Includes — 1/4 Page Ad in summit program, 1 summit attendee. Price – $400
General Registration & Fees
Note: Registration fees are based on membership level. Members and non-members are welcome to register for the summit.
Fees for this summit are as follows:
- ASBCC| Supplier Council Members – $65
- ASBCC | Business Members – $95
- ASBCC | Registrant and Non-Members – $165
- Click here to begin your summit registration
Government Agency and Large Prime Contractor Representatives (as approved by ASBCC) – Complimentary.
Join today and save on this summit and future meetings: If you are not currently a Supplier or Business Member, consider joining here and then returning to this page to purchase your discounted registration.
At the start of the matchmaking session, Agencies / Primes will introduce themselves. You then meet with any of the agencies/primes in which you have interest in doing business. There are no sign up sheets or bells and whistles. You are allowed 5 minutes – or longer if there is no line behind you. If you are patient, you will have the opportunity to meet with everyone. Make sure to bring your one-page capabilities statement and business cards that include your information.